Monday, June 2, 2008

Artisan Award Entry #8

This card looks fairly simple, but it did require a bit of work. The zest and vitality of the card doesn't come through very well on pictures taken from a head-on view, so these are my best shots, taken at angles.


I had to cut the same size strips of card stock from three different colors, and piece them together for the background. Then I stamped across the background with a little fruit stamp from the One Smart Cookie set, in VersaMark ink. I added a Saffon colored ribbon (from the Just 4 You Hostess Simply Scrappin' Kit) across the top as a backdrop for the fruits. This was mounted on a piece of Whisper White card stock with glitter around the edges. The glitter was applied with the 2-Way Glue Pen.

I stamped the citrus slice image from the Tart & Tangy stamp set in Green Galore, Only Orange, and Yoyo Yellow to coordinate with the background card stock. I then used the Stamp-a-ma-jig® to stamp over each image again, and cover them with Glassy Glaze embossing enamel. I punched out the fruit and put a brad in the center of each, and mounted them on the ribbon.


I used the Stamp-a-ma-jig® again to stamp the greeting on the corner in Whisper White Craft ink, then embossed with white powder. To give the greeting a little more "juicy" look, I colored around the edges of it with a VersaMarker. In real life, the card really makes a splash...and gives you an instant craving for something light, sweet, and fruity!

No comments :