Monday, January 26, 2009

Movers & Shapers, and Tantalizing Texture Plates

I got my new catalog order the other day, and I felt like I just had to play with the Movers & Shapers Curly Label Sizzix Die for a swap I participated in yesterday. The Movers & Shapers die cut creates a foldover card (complete with score line), and you can move the Curly Label cutout anywhere you want on the front. So, I quickly made the cute card below.


But then I remembered an old cello bag trick that would be perfect with this die, so I played around a little, put an extra couple of score lines on the card (about 1/2" on either side of the Curly Label die score line), and folded the card up so I could put a cello bag of treats in there, with a topper holding it closed. The Curly Label cutout lets the treat peek through. Notice the Top Note die cut folded over the top, embellished with a stamp from a delightful Sneak Peek stamp set called "Yummy", which you can get for FREE during the-Sale-A-Bration which starts February 1st!


You'll notice that the front of the treat holder is covered with dry embossing. I used my new Texturz Plates! After some experimenting, I figured out that I would need to run the front half of the card stock through the Texturz Plate FIRST, and then run the card through the Curly Label die. If you do it the other way around, the perforations around the Curly Label cutout get sort of mashed and aren't as pronounced and flattering.

Also, to get the Texturz Plate to make a nice crisp emboss, I spritzed the front and back of the card stock with water (then blotted off excess between some paper towels) before placing it through the Big Shot. I was very pleased with the results, and highly recommend this trick with the Texturz Plates. You can always use a heat gun to more rapidly dry the card stock afterward--just remember that heating it gently and evenly on both sides (i.e., flip it over and back again, often) is the trick to help prevent buckling or warping.

Curly Label Love Card Stampin' Supplies: Short & Sweet stamp set, Riding Hood Red card stock & ink, Basic Black ink, Whisper White card stock, Scallop Edge Punch, Curly Label Punch Bundle (incl. Curly Label Punch + Cute & Curly stamp set), Movers & Shapers Curly Label Sizzix Die, White Organza ribbon, Crop-A-Dile (3/8" punch holes).

Curly Label Treat Holder Stampin' Supplies: "Yummy" Sale-A-Bration stamp set, Riding Hood Red card stock & ink, Pretty in Pink card stock, Top Note Sizzix Die, Movers & Shapers Curly Label Sizzix Die, SU! Backgrounds I Sizzix Texturz Plates, Crop-A-Dile (3/8" hole), Riding Hood Red Striped Grosgrain, small cello bag.

You can place your order NOW for any of these supplies through my ONLINE STORE, however, you'll need to wait for February 1st if you'd like to qualify for the "Yummy" stamp set, or any of the other five FREE items! You can also qualify for more FREE stamp sets during the Sale-A-Bration, as a Hostess--so give me a call today to book your Stampin' Playdate in the Colorado Springs area, on your preferred date! (719-205-5957)

7 comments:

  1. I love the bag!!!! It is soooo cute! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. absolutely precious ! Great items for case, too ! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous ideas, Kimberley! I'm more anxious than ever to get my new die.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh girl cause you don't make me want everything you post!! I can't wait to order that die!!! :)

    -Ellie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, those look fabulous! I definitely have my eye on this new die! TFS!

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful designs! Nice to see a project using the Texturz Plates. Now I will have to order them for certain.
    Stampin' Smiles from Ear to Ear,
    Ann :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kim,
    This is a fabulous card. I so wish I had the supplies to duplicate it. I really enjoy your blog and have given you an award over on my blog (http://imstampinsilly.blogspot.com/)

    Kirsten Brown

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! Comments are moderated and may take a while to show up...please be patient!

NOTE: If you would like to read any replies to your comment, please be sure you check the Notify Me box. If you would prefer an email response from me, please contact me at procrastistamper@gmail.com, as I do NOT receive an email address in association with your comment. Thank you!