Friday, July 11, 2008

Monkeyin' Around (with new stamps!)


Isn't Sock Monkey just absolutely AWESOME? I got my preorder of items from the new catalog last night, and there were four sets to order--I got all four. I purposefully restrained myself and put Sock Monkey together last, because I knew once I started in with him, I wouldn't be able to keep my hands off him for a while, and I wanted all my sets assembled before taking off on a tangent.

By the way, all of the sets that are new to the Fall-Winter Idea Book & Catalog (which debuts August 11th) are going to be die-cut!

So, accordingly, all four of my new stamp sets were die-cut, and they went together so fast...just pop, peel and place :-)


The card template above is the design I used to make Sock Monkey. You can alter your sizes if you want, but for reference, the red layer under the monkey is 2-3/4" by 3", and the white layer with the monkey on it is 2-1/2" by 2-3/4". The two horizontal strips under the monkey are both 4-1/4" wide by approximately 3/4" (for the larger one) and approximately 1/4" (for the smaller one). I used a new accessory from the upcoming catalog--the Scallop Border Punch--and it was sooooooo easy to use! I also used some of the upcoming In Colors to create this card. Below you will see a list and sample of all six of them:


I have a ton of specials for July, including a FREE Fall-Winter Idea Book & Catalog for you! If you spend at least $50 on catalog merchandise with me during July, get the new catalog absolutely FREE. If you spend at least $100 on catalog merchandise with me during July, you will get the new catalog FREE, plus your choice of one of the new In Color ink pads for FREE! Check out the Online Catalog, the Retiring Stamp Set lists, and email me today with your qualifying order! Don't forget, you can also order Décor Elements at the same time you get your stampin' supplies.

Stampin' Supplies: Sock Monkey stamp set, Sanded background stamp, Baja Breeze card stock & ink, Riding Hood Red card stock, Whisper White card stock, StazOn Jet Black ink pad, Real Red marker (to draw in the smile), Creamy Caramel marker & ink pad & card stock, Blush Blossom card stock & marker, Bordering Blue marker (to scribble in the texture over the monkey), Barely Banana marker, So Saffron marker, Close to Cocoa marker (dots and lines on banana peel), Stampin' Sponge® (in Creamy Caramel ink pad, then sponged on scallop border), Going Gray ink pad & blender pens, Real Red brads, So Saffron brad, Scallop Border Punch.

2 comments:

  1. I love this, and you did a great job. I like the wiggly marks on him to make it look like fabric.
    Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job and thanks for sharing the layout template!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! Comments are moderated and may take a while to show up...please be patient!

NOTE: If you would like to read any replies to your comment, please be sure you check the Notify Me box. If you would prefer an email response from me, please contact me at procrastistamper@gmail.com, as I do NOT receive an email address in association with your comment. Thank you!