Friday, September 28, 2012

30-Day Gratitude Card Challenge: Day 6

Welcome to Day 6 of my 30-Day Gratitude Card Challenge! Okay, yeah, so I'm gonna take a little shortcut today, because I missed posting yesterday's card. Please forgive me, I'm fighting an abscess over a dental implant (the same dental implant that gave me strep during the procedure in July), and a raging headache. I'll try and get my Day 7 card posted later today, but I need to go lie down, so no guarantees. Anyway, this is basically the same card I made before, but I learned a really cool trick in My Digital Studio that Martha Inchley shared, which is editing the Half Circle punch and using it over images for highlights. If Martha has a blog, I can't find it, but you can follow her digital work HERE on Stampin' Up!'s MyDigitalStudio.net site.

My free printable has two identical cards on an 8-1/2"x11" sheet, and does not have my watermark on the card images. Just print out the PDF at 100%, then cut the sheet in half. Fold each half over, and you'll have two foldover cards :-)

This card is actually kinda cool, I used a color combo that came up in My Digital Studio when I clicked on Primrose Petals in the Combos tab: Primrose Petals, Peach Parfait, Daffodil Delight, Midnight Muse, and Whisper White. I used Daffodil Delight textured card stock in the background, and set the opacity fairly low. Then I used a woodgrain stamp in Peach Parfait over that, and also lightened the opacity for the stamp. Amazingly, these colors which are basically yellow and orange, look like a light wood. Go figure!

If you need envelopes to fit half-sheet foldover cards, I recommend one of the following:
Whisper White Medium Envelopes (40 env) for $6.50
Very Vanilla Medium Envelopes (40 env) for $6.50
Crumb Cake Medium Envelopes (40 env) for $6.50

Would you like to join me in sending out Thank You cards? Let me know by commenting on my 30-Day Gratitude Card Challenge post, and on top of the warm fuzzy feeling you'll get, you may win a special prize!
~Kimberley Morris
Stampin' Up! Independent Demonstrator since 1994
Colorado Springs, CO
procrastistamper@gmail.com
http://kimberley.stampinup.net (SHOP ONLINE)
BECOME A DEMONSTRATOR

No comments :