Monday, July 30, 2012

Convention 2012 Make & Takes: Affection Collection

This year for our Make & Takes, we received three FREE stamp sets. The supplies for each set's projects came in super cute printed kraft bags, and we got an extra treat for each set in a mini bag. These are the bags for the Affection Collection stamp set projects:
Stay tuned to find out what the treat was in the mini bag!
At Convention, I am usually too excited to sit still and do my Make & Takes, so I check my supplies, stamp or punch anything from the supply tables that I don't have, and then take everything home to complete. Below you can see the sample picture sheets for the projects, and each of my completed projects next to that. One thing I like about doing the projects at home is that I can tweak the projects a little.
You can see for the Friend Card above, I crumpled the white layer after stamping, and added an extra Midnight Muse scrolly stamp near the top left. I also moved my white layer closer to the center of the card instead of lining it up with the top of the card base.
On the Love Always pouch above, I tried stamping some designs on the plain panel behind the flower, but didn't like how they turned out. So, I took a coordinating piece of Primrose Petals patterned paper and covered my experiments. Then I decided I wanted to fold the top over, and scallop punched that edge as well as the pocket edge. My flower looks kind of chubby...but then so do I right now...lol :-)
The Affection Collection stamp set is featured in the upcoming Holiday Catalog, which will be active August 1st, 2012 through January 2nd, 2013. Stay tuned to my blog--the Holiday Catalog is PACKED with fantastic new product, and you'll want to walk through the catalog with me so you don't miss anything!
~Kimberley Morris
Stampin' Up! Independent Demonstrator since 1994
Colorado Springs, CO
procrastistamper@gmail.com
http://kimberley.stampinup.net (SHOP ONLINE)
BECOME A DEMONSTRATOR

No comments :