Monday, June 22, 2009

Animal Stories Bat

As I was putting away the kitty card I made for the previous post, I realized you can also make a bat with the owl image in the Animal Stories stamp set (available for purchase July 1st!).


All I did was stamp the owl in Basic Black. Then, I took a scrap piece of Basic Black card stock and took a "bite" out of it in two places with the Scallop Circle Punch. Then I lined up the 1" Circle Punch over 3 of the scallops in one of the "bites" I had taken out of the Basic Black card stock, and then punch to get a wing shape that is rounded on top, and reverse scalloped on the bottom. Line up the 1" Circle Punch over the second "bite" area in the same way, and you have your two wings!

Glue the wings alongside the owl body in whatever position you like. I used the Two-Way Glue Pen because it's quick and neat, and I can easily use just the very little amount of glue I want. Then, take a Close to Cocoa marker and fill in the spots on the owl. Color in the "beak" and eyes with a Real Red marker, and you're done! If you're really good, you might be able to add in a couple of white fangs over the red mouth...but I don't have time for that just now!

I can see this on a card front, with maybe some Rich Razzleberry sponged clouds behind it, and the "happy halloween" greeting from the Teeny Tiny Wishes stamp set, on the Modern Label Punch. I'll have to give that a shot for tomorrow's blog entry!

1 comment:

  1. I loved your "Kitty" and cased it for my own card. I still don't really know what animal that is. But I love the bat too! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! Comments are moderated and may take a while to show up...please be patient!

NOTE: If you would like to read any replies to your comment, please be sure you check the Notify Me box. If you would prefer an email response from me, please contact me at procrastistamper@gmail.com, as I do NOT receive an email address in association with your comment. Thank you!