Thursday, March 7, 2013

Best of Birthday Blues

So, here I am posting two projects on the same day, going from one extreme to the other (from punch art to plain stamping)...but I wanted to show you a simple birthday card I made for my sweetie:


He's the type of guy who doesn't think birthdays are anything to fuss over, so much so that I actually forgot I needed to make a card for him until just before he came home from work!!! Okay, in my defense, I was attending a 3-day super intensive live stream webinar that started that morning, so I wasn't in my stamp room all day.

He likes the color blue (man after my own heart) so I decided to work with my recent favorite blue combo, Island Indigo and Pool Party. A friend of mine had just opened my Honeycomb Embossing Folder and we had run a sheet of Whisper White card stock through to experience the oooooooh-and-ahhhhhhhh-goodness, so I had that scrap lying on my desk. I sponged some Pool Party ink over it, trimmed it, and put it on the Island Indigo card stock base, which I also had precut and scored for another project, and had sitting on my desk! I wanted more Island Indigo showing so I added another layer with one of the Apothecary Accents Framelits. All I needed was a super quick, non-girly birthday greeting. I grabbed my new Best of Birthdays stamp set, because the oval greeting in there can be punched out with the XL Oval Punch. Hey, I wasn't being lazy, I just needed something FAST! I stamped the greeting in Island Indigo ink, added some accents with the writing tip of the Pool Party Stampin' Write Marker, and layered that onto a Pool Party card stock hand-trimmed pennant. Stamp, Glue, Done. I personalized it, tucked it in an envelope, and it sat there for all of about 15 minutes, until he got home and opened it. Perfect timing, even if I do say so myself ;-)

~Kimberley Morris
Stampin' Up! Independent Demonstrator since 1994
Colorado Springs, CO
procrastistamper@gmail.com
http://kimberley.stampinup.net (SHOP ONLINE)
BECOME A DEMONSTRATOR

No comments :