Saturday, February 28, 2009

Hi, Honey :-)

I'm trying to get back in the groove of stamping...I'm not feeling wonderful today, so I'm hiding out in my stamp room, feeling sort of saffron and chocolatey:


On the inside of the card, there is a piece of So Saffron card stock with the saying "have a honey of a day" stamped in Basic Brown (Chocolate Chip) ink. The big flower that the bee is on, is the scallop circle punch, with some cuts added between the scallops using Paper Snips. With this card, I challenged myself to keep the colors minimal. The only ink pad you'll need to recreate this card is Basic Brown, and the only card stock you'll need is Basic Brown (or Chocolate Chip) and So Saffron. The smaller flower, the green leaves, and the two background papers all come from the Good Morning Sunshine Designer Series Paper package.

I did add a little color to the bee with some markers--but those are very inexpensive, and you could also use Blender Pens in the same color ink pads if you have those. I just had to use one of the Chocolate Chip brads from the Flower Assortment, to balance things out, and because it matches so well...but you could cut out one of the little brown flowers from the Designer Series Paper instead, if you're trying to stay within a budget. The great thing about the supplies is that you can make plenty of other cards with the same colors, because they coordinate with the Designer Series Paper.

Stampin' Supplies: Just Buzzin' By stamp set, Chocolate Chip card stock, So Saffron card stock, Good Morning Sunshine Designer Series Paper, Basic Brown ink pad (or use Chocolate Chip ink if you'd rather color the bee with pastels), So Saffron marker, Blush Blossom marker, Pretty in Pink marker (to dab the little bee's darling cheeks), Stampin' Sponge, Boho Blossoms punch, 5-Petal Flower punch, Scallop Circle punch, 1-1/4" Circle punch, 1/8" punch (for brad--use the Crop-A-Dile), Kiwi Kiss Striped Grosgrain Ribbon, Paper Snips, Stampin' Dimensionals, Mini Glue Dots.

OPTIONAL: Two-Way Glue Pen, Dazzling Diamonds Glitter (to jazz up the bees wings!). I didn't do this on my sample because I'm kind of grouchy, and glitter is just a little too perky for me to play with just yet...

If you're having a grouchy day, too, I can't think of a better way to cheer up than to get some FREE stamps!!! Check out the Sale-A-Bration promotion to see how you can qualify for FREE STAMPS through purchases, hostessing, or when you become a Stampin' Up! Demonstrator.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! Comments are moderated and may take a while to show up...please be patient!

NOTE: If you would like to read any replies to your comment, please be sure you check the Notify Me box. If you would prefer an email response from me, please contact me at procrastistamper@gmail.com, as I do NOT receive an email address in association with your comment. Thank you!