Sunday, June 1, 2008

Artisan Award Entry #6

The remaining of the (10) Artisan Award Entries are the 5 cards we had to submit.


The first one I made above was with the Happy Heart Day stamp set, and I also used the heart from the Time Well Spent Hostess set. The heart was attached to the pullout card with a Stampin' Dimensional®, both to lift it so it would be easy to grasp, and also so the foam popup would act as a "stop" to keep the card perched at the right place in the pocket. I made the pocket using the Mini Envelopes template, and the celery dotted pattern from the Spring Fling Designer Series Papers. I watercolored images with the Blender Pens and Stampin' Pastels on Confetti White card stock, and colored in the flower petals on the Bashful Blue background piece with the Versamarker. I wanted more depth in the background, and didn't want all the hearts at the center of each of the flowers to show, so I covered those with punched circles of card stock, using Mini Glue Dots®.


I used a flower slide from the Styled Silver Hodgepodge Kit, adding color to the flower by mixing a drop of ink with a few drops of Crystal Effects (CE), stirring with a toothpick, then using the toothpick to dab the color mix into the flower slide. It dries amazingly fast, and the color is fantastic. You can mix the ink and CE on a scratch piece of plastic, or a cello bag, for easy cleanup.


I just love the mouse in the Happy Heart Day stamp set, and I wanted to use the set in a way other than the obvious Valentine presentation.

No comments :