Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Artisan Award Entry #3

This is the last of the 12x12 scrapbook pages I submitted...I didn't really have any pictures of my kids that were screaming out to me, but I had a few pictures of my cats, and a brand new Here Kitty, Kitty stamp set that I hadn't used yet. (remember, you can click on any image to see it larger):


The focus of the pages is my cats, who are both mostly black, so I decided to pull that color into the title. I wanted black, shiny letters, which turned out to be quite labor intensive. I used the Jumbo Outline Alphabet stamp set and stamped each letter in Craft white ink, then poured white embossing powder over that and heated it to set it. After that, I cut out each individual letter with Paper Snips. There was no apostrophe, so I created that by freehand, using a white gel pen to make the shape. Once all the letters were cut out, I applied Crystal Effects to the front of every letter and let it dry. I had already matted my photos and chosen the background paper, and put them where I thought I wanted them with Dotto® temporary adhesive. So, I laid the letters in where I thought they looked good, and adhered them with Mini Glue Dots®.



The background of this page is Creamy Caramel Textured card stock with Creamy Caramel ink used to apply the Meow Stampin' Around® wheel image. The background papers are from the Jersey Shore Designer Series Paper assortment. I added kitty cat details throughout the page, using the Here Kitty, Kitty set, stamped in Black StazOn ink, on Confetti white card stock, then colored with Blender Pens and Stampin' Pastels®.


To finish off the page, I created a couple of envelopes using the Mini Envelope Template, and used the Round Tab punch and some coordinating card stock to make some journaling pullouts.



And finally, I added a couple of photo corners with the Photo Corner punch, set a few more stamped images on the photo corners, and placed some Word Window punched tabs on the left side for balance. I liked the contrast and colors on this page, best of the three pages I submitted.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! Comments are moderated and may take a while to show up...please be patient!

NOTE: If you would like to read any replies to your comment, please be sure you check the Notify Me box. If you would prefer an email response from me, please contact me at procrastistamper@gmail.com, as I do NOT receive an email address in association with your comment. Thank you!