Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Lucky Leprechaun :-)

I saw a pin similar to this on another blog, and that stamper had copied from another stamper, so I have no idea who originally came up with it, but I just HAD to share! It's so cute!!!


There were no instructions for the one I saw, so I kind of created my own...here's what I did: I first punched out a Scallop Circle in Ruby Red. The hat is a Tag Punch in Wild Wasabi, trimmed down a little bit off the squared end, with another Tag Punch in Basic Black, and using just a bit of the squared end. The buckle is a 1/4" square punched bit of Summer Sun. The hat brim was first punched with the Large Oval punch, with a bite taken out of the top of it and the bottom of it afterwards with the Small Oval punch.

The face is a 1-3/8" punched circle, with a 1/2" punched nose, both out of Blush Blossom. I also sponged both pieces with Blush Blossom, using a sponge with just a little tiny hint of Ruby Red (leftover from another project when I didn't rinse out the sponge!), which gave the skin an awesome ruddy look. The eyes were stamped on Whisper White in StazOn Black ink--they are cucumber slices from the new One Smart Cookie set...with the center colored in with an Old Olive marker. (That was a design original I came up with myself, the one I saw had glued-on googly eyes.)

The smile was created by using the punched template left from a 1" circle punch. I just followed the curve of the punched out circle, and then put edges on the smile, and dotted a few freckles on the face. That's it, just put a pin back on it, and you're PINCH PROOF!

3 comments:

  1. This is just as cute as can be!!! I love it...and thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. cute! I love how his eyes seem "dazzled"! Jan

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is very cute... and just in time! Great idea with the eyes... he is tooo cute!!! Thanks for the great instructions, it is much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! Comments are moderated and may take a while to show up...please be patient!

NOTE: If you would like to read any replies to your comment, please be sure you check the Notify Me box. If you would prefer an email response from me, please contact me at procrastistamper@gmail.com, as I do NOT receive an email address in association with your comment. Thank you!